Help us shape the future of the modding industry!
We're conducting a survey of monetization methods used by mod platforms and need your input! Filling only takes a minute and the results will be made public.
Latest versions of MelonLoader are known to have issues with some games. Use version 0.5.4 until the issue has been fixed!
We recommend using the Thunderstore Mod Manager or an alternative for installing mods
Utilities for Boneworks speedrunning.
|Last updated||2 months ago|
|Dependants||0 other mods depend on this mod|
This mod requires the following mods to function
The World's First Universal Mod Loader for Unity Games compatible with both Il2Cpp and MonoPreferred version: 0.5.1
- Speedrun mode
- Enabling this mode will disable practice features and temporarily alter the save state so that a run will meet the leaderboard submission rules
- There are various modes depending on what type of speedrun you are performing:
- Activate with CTRL + S or by pressing A + B on both controllers
- In this mode the save state will be reset every time you leave the main menu and start a new game
- Activate with CTRL + N
- In this mode the save state will be updated to have everything unlocked
- Activate with CTRL + H
- In this mode the save state will be reset only when initially enabled
- Activating this will also reset all Steam achievements (so that the reclamation bin in Zombie Warehouse must be unlocked during the run)
- Deactivate any mode with any of the activation hotkeys while in the main menu
- Preferences like height and turn settings are maintained through save state resets and loads
- Deactivate speedrun mode to restore your original save state
- You must disable all other mods before enabling any speedrun mode
- You can tell that a speedrun mode is enabled based on the text added to the loading screen (Steam game version only)
- Includes mod version and approximate run time to make splicing harder (don't worry if the time does not match LiveSplit exactly)
- Make boss claw always patrol to the area near the finish in Streets
- Boss claw cabin appears green when this feature is on, so that you're aware RNG is being manipulated
- Teleport to a chosen location to practice parts of a level again
- Pressing B on both controllers at the same time sets the teleport point to the position you are currently standing at
- Clicking the right controller thumbstick teleports you to the set point
- Clicking A and B on the left controller at the same time resets the level
- Useful for situations like in Museum when you teleport back to retry valve flying and need the valve to be back at its starting location
- Blindfold (Steam game version only)
- For practicing and performing blindfolded runs
- To blindfold yourself, press CTRL + B on the keyboard (game window must be focused)
- If you do this during the main menu it will activate "blindfolded speedrun mode" where it will reset your save each time before starting a new game
- This will make the VR headset display pitch black but the game window will still show the game (for spectating or to see where you are while practicing)
- For practicing and performing gripless runs (where triggers/finger grips on controllers do nothing and you cannot pick things up)
- To enable, press CTRL + G on the keyboard (game window must be focused)
- If you do this during the main menu it will activate "gripless speedrun mode" where it will reset your save each time before starting a new game
- This will make the controller trigger/finger buttons do nothing in the game so you cannot grab any objects
- One controller
- Only one controller can be used and inputs from the other will be ignored
- Ford's arm will also be removed
- The menu button will still work even on the disabled controller
- To enable, press CTRL + O on the keyboard (game window must be focused)
- This will switch from off -> only left controller -> only right controller -> off -> ...
- If you do this during the main menu it will activate "one-controller gripless speedrun mode" where it will reset your save each time before starting a new game
- Removes both of Ford's arms
- To enable, press CTRL + A on the keyboard (game window must be focused)
- If you do this during the main menu it will activate "armless speedrun mode" where it will reset your save each time before starting a new game
- Make sure Melon Loader is installed in Boneworks
- Download the SpeedrunTools mod from Thunderstore (click on "Manual Download")
- Open the downloaded
.zipfile and extract
- You can usually find your
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BONEWORKS\BONEWORKS
- You can usually find your
You can change some things (like where the boss claw moves to) by using MelonPreferencesManager:
- Install MelonPreferencesManager (download the IL2CPP version)
- Open the menu in-game using F5 to change config options
Most settings require restarting the level to take effect.
- Source code: https://github.com/jakzo/SlzSpeedrunTools/tree/main/projects/Boneworks/SpeedrunTools
- Thunderstore: https://boneworks.thunderstore.io/package/jakzo/SpeedrunTools/
Removed unintended hotkey of right thumbstick disabling gripping.
Fix fantasy arena state not being reset. Also reset achievements when activating 100% mode (so that reclaimation bin must be activated during the run).
LootDropBugfix is now an allowed mod for speedruns.
Added one controller and armless modes. Also added replays as a dev feature that can be enabled via preferences. Various other undocumented dev features have also been added.
Fixed load when controllers are missing.
Fix gripless on index controllers.
Show timer and version during loading screens. Blindfolded speedrun mode.
Reset save when leaving main menu instead of entering so that save resetting lag is not counted by live split. Also keep preferences when leaving speedrun mode.
Speedrun mode. Removed save reset feature.
Fix issue with hotkeys crashing the mod. Also make the blindfold not be briefly disabled at the start of levels.
Fix release missing blindfold feature.
Added save reset instructions to readme.
Save resetting. Hotkeys should also now work in the Oculus version of the game.
Teleportation and level resetting.
Initial release with removal of boss claw RNG.
Please note that the install buttons only work if you have compatible client software installed, such as the Thunderstore Mod Manager. Otherwise use the zip download links instead.
|Upload date||Version number||Downloads||Download link|