We recommend using the Thunderstore Mod Manager or an alternative for installing mods
This mod requires the following mods to function
Warning: This mod was WIP and will have many issues! Development is halted and will be continued for BONELAB!
An alternative multiplayer mod for BONEWORKS written with performance and scalability in mind!
This mod uses discord networking and therefore is compatible with both Steam and Oculus clients, enjoy having cross platform multiplayer!
Join our discord server! https://discord.gg/FmRGBgbc3N
Check out the git repo for the source code: https://gitlab.com/zCubed3/entanglement-public
How do I install the mod?
All you need to do is just drag the .dll into the Mods folder, or install it through r2modman if you are using that.
Why does the game lag when I spawn a bunch of npcs?
...you just answered your own question lol. Syncing many objects at once with the current networking will lead to a laggy experience.
Can I disable nametags?
Yes. You can disable them through BoneMenu - Client Menu - Client Settings - Nametags. This will only affect your side.
Why is the mod not showing up in BoneMenu?
Make sure you are using the installed version of discord, not the browser. Also make sure you have discord open when starting the game. If this still does not work, try reinstalling discord or log out and log back in.
Why is everyone A-Posing?
Your discord instance is likely broken. Try logging out and logging back in.
What does "OutdatedServer" mean?
The person you are trying to join has an older version of Entanglement.
What does "OutdatedClient" mean?
You need to update your version.
Does this mod still work?
Boneworks has not been updated for a long time. The mod still works and was made after SLZ prioritized Bonelab development.
I don't see my friend's playermodels or items.
Make sure you have the exact same Custom Items and Custom Playermodels installed. The filenames of the playermodels must be the exact same for both users. Playermodels will not load when joining a server and you must either reload your playermodels or switch scenes.
When I try to join my friend in a Custom Map, I just load into blankbox.
You must join their game before they load into a Custom Map. Once you are in the server, they can load into it. Also, make sure the file names of the CustomMaps are the exact same.
When I join my friend, all of the items in the scene are missing.
It is recommended for the host to start a server before loading into a map to ensure that all syncs are stored.
Is this mod going to be made for BONELAB?
Yes. It might be under a different name to fit with the laboratory theme.
Is this mod still being developed?
No. This mod will likely not resume development due to Bonelab releasing soon (as of writing) and the want to focus on personal projects.
this mod doesn't work i hate you!
learn how to install files onto your Computing Device or go back to playing gorilla tag.
v0.3.0 - Current (FINAL VERSION, BONELAB NEXT PRIORITY)
- Added ragdoll on death (no playermodel support)
- ACTUALLY fixed r2modman support (thanks Rtas)
- Made object spawning server side (a lot less NPC spawning jank)
- Added server catchup on join (you can spawn and move stuff when people aren't in the server and it should update for them)
- Fixed public lobbies
- Added a lot more notifications
- Added grip event sync (many custom item functions)
- Fixed some issues relating to breakable objects
- Implemented zone/player trigger sync
- Probably some other small things I forgot
- Added CustomMaps 2.0 and r2modman support
- Added playermodel r2modman support (hasn't been tested so might not work, everything else has though)
- Notifications! (Player leave, join, disconnect, join server, leave server)
- AUTOMATIC NPC SYNCING! (You no longer have to grab them! Might not always work but thats what you have to accept with a multiplayer mod)
- Custom maps objects sync more reliably
- Updated to MelonLoader 0.5.2 and updated logging to LoggerInstance (better performance when logging)
- Custom weapons no longer spawn magazines at the map spawn that lag your game
- Holstered objects disable collision so objects with broken holster points don't destroy a bunch of objects
- Non-broken pieces no longer remain after destroying an object
- Having discord closed when starting the game no longer breaks gunshots
- Added heartbeat system (if the client has not received a message from the server in over 40 seconds they will disconnect)
- NOTICE: If someone with 0.1.1 joins someone with 0.1.0, they will be disconnected after 40 seconds since they won't receive the heartbeats.
- Fixed eyebrows
- Fixed rich presence not showing the correct player count for clients
- Dying while in a server will not reload the scene in scenes that usually do (means if you die in Zombie Warehouse or Arena you wont have to restart)
- Falling out of the map/other players entering a reload trigger while in a server will not reload the scene
- Added check if Discord isn't open by disabling the mod
- Actually fixed SteamVR pause menu if it still existed (has been tested thoroughly)
- Improved performance SOOO much (Rigidbodies sleep properly now)
- Improved Rich Presence (Shows level icon and name as well as version number)
- Added local name tag toggle (BoneMenu - Entanglement - Client - Client Settings - NameTags)
- Improved physics joints on synced objects
- Removed a byte from player ids (pretty much every message)
- Internal changes (Cleaner to make new messages)
- Fixed a problem with lobby capacities
- Fixed a critical divide by zero error that happened when pausing to the SteamVR menu
- Optimized the mod for better performance
- Increased stability of physics
Please note that the install buttons only work if you have compatible client software installed, such as the Thunderstore Mod Manager. Otherwise use the zip download links instead.
|Upload date||Version number||Downloads||Download link|